A new notification theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:19:47 UTC 2009

> The design team is busy doing backgrounds.
The design team is doing more than just backgrounds and not everyone
there is busy with doing the backgrounds. The design team is also
helping with the websites design, various UI designs,... Please do not
oversimplify what the design team actually does ;-)

> We _are_ doing the design of the desktop spin, whether you like it or
> not. Just like I expect you to do the design of the Xfce spin, and the
> KDE team to do the design of their product.

I expect you to do the final selections, not the design itself -- you
have the design team (the fedora one and the one at upstream) to help
with that and it would be nice if you at least consulted with us when
you are doing changes that are diverging from upstream defaults (I can
accept that when you decide to stick with upstream defaults you don't
need to hear fedora design team opinion about that).

> > IMHO this change is also very ungrateful to Martin, who does an amazing
> > job with the Nodoka theme.
>
> Yes, he is doing a great job with the Nodoka theme.
>
> How does that imply that we are ungrateful by not sticking with it
> forever ?
Yup, I don't feel that what Jon and you have done is being ungrateful to
me. I've made the needed first step with providing actually good looking
alternative to the bland default engine (speaking now about the
notification-daemon only) and I am actually grateful that its being
replaced by something that is nice, instead of reverting back to the
ugly defaults. From time to time, changes are good thing.

But come to thing of it, now that the alternatives are starting to "pile
up", it would be actually great to have means to select the theme (other
way than via whole-gnome-desktop-theme or gconf).

Martin