Feature Status for Fedora 9 Alpha--Please Help

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 05:16:24 UTC 2008

Dear Feature Owners,

The Alpha release for Fedora 9 is scheduled to start on February 5,
2008. As we begin the Alpha for Fedora 9 more attention inside and
outside of Fedora will be drawn to on what is coming in Fedora 9.  Here
is an opportunity to give everyone a good first impression and provide
as much helpful information as we can.

With this in the mind, we have a few feature pages have not had a status
updates in more than 15 days and some much longer than that.  This can
leave the impression that nothing is happening with a particular feature
or that work has stopped.  Even if nothing new has happened since the
last update, it is still helpful to do a quick review of your feature
page to see if something can be updated and then update the "last
updated" date and percentage completion (if applicable).

Here are the features which haven't been recently updated:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ext4
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureEncryptedFilesystems
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/freeIPA
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GoodHaskellSupport
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureMoreNetworkManager
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackageKit
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PartitionResizing
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PreUpgrade
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ServerProvides
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XserverOnePointFive

This is also a great time to fill out the "Release Notes" and
"Documentation" sections of your feature page--particularly if it is
presently blank, "TBD" or intentionally vague :).  The Documentation
Team is eager to start preparing the release notes and documentation for
Fedora 9 even if you cannot provide all the final details now.  The
following features have incomplete "Release Notes" and/or
"Documentation" sections.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBluetooth
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureClockApplet
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureDictionary