Fedora 11 Mass Rebuilds

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 19:42:49 UTC 2009

In just a few minutes, I will begin the scripted rebuild of every Fedora
package in rawhide (dist-f11).  See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Mass_Rebuild for details.

Most importantly, if you as a maintainer wish to build your own package
for this rebuild instead of having the script do it, follow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Mass_Rebuild#How_do_I_opt_out_of_the_scripted_rebuild.3F

The script will be doing things one package at a time, so even though
the script will be starting in a few minutes (and it'll be working
alphanumerically in descending order), you still have a window to
opt-out of the build before the script gets to your package.

I will be announcing the progress of the rebuilds over the next few
days.  It is important to note that the results of the rebuilds will not
be showing up in rawhide (and koji buildroots) immediately.  Instead
they will be contained on the side until the script is finished building
things, and they will be tagged into rawhide (dist-f11) en masse.

If your build was started after 2009-02-23 18:31:07 UTC, the script will
not touch  your package, as that is after all the proper parts were in
place for this rebuild.

Let the games begin!

--
Jesse Keating