Fedora Packaging Committee Seat Filled

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 17:42:16 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who applied for this open seat. We got a lot of very
qualified individuals who were interested in filling the open seat on
the Fedora Packaging Committee. After much
discussion and thought, I've asked Jon Ciesla to fill the open seat and
he has accepted.

I'm sure that we will have additional openings on the FPC in the future,
as people move on to other tasks, or get committed to various mental
institutions. ;) Please feel free to throw your name in the ring for
future openings!

A few points that I felt might be worth making:

* If you're not an active package maintainer in Fedora, it definitely
hurts your chances of being on the FPC, as we're always looking for
people who are intimately involved with Fedora packaging.
* If you haven't done many Fedora Package Reviews, it's a great way to
increase your visibility in the Fedora Packaging Community space, and
also is a good way to show us that you have a solid understanding of the
existing Fedora Packaging Guidelines. Plus, it helps us get new packages
into Fedora!

Thanks again to all who applied,

~spot