Fedora Test Day - Anaconda Storage Rewrite

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 13:48:55 UTC 2009

Greetings testers,

This week's Test Day will focus on a quiet but important feature.  If
done properly you won't know anything changed.  The Fedora installers
(anaconda) concept of managing storage is changing from the ground up.
As stated in the Feature scope [1]:

        "All of anaconda's code for creating and configuring disk
        partitions, LVM, mdraid, dmraid, multipath, iSCSI, LUKS devices,
        and filesystems is being rewritten."

Dave Lehman and Chris Lumens from the anaconda development team will be
available for discussion+guidance.  Given the raw nature of the code at
this point, rather than outlining specific detailed test cases ...
Robert Williams is pulling together a set of test areas with some
exploratory test guidance.  We don't expect all paths to be fully
functional.  We need your help collecting data on the myriad storage
environments you run anaconda in.  This data will be used to re-factor
future installer storage+partitioning testing and help identify any
development gaps.

Please join #fedora-qa this Thursday, March 5, 2009 to get some hands on
time with the revamped anaconda storage code.  Follow the action at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-03-05.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AnacondaStorageRewrite