Please update your Feature Page ASAP

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 18:55:43 UTC 2009

To increase our chances of a successful and solid Fedora 11 release, all
new features should now be significantly complete and in a "testable"
condition.

We need the help of a few remaining feature owners to bring their pages
current or target them for Fedora 12.

According to a review of all the feature pages, the following features
have not been updated recently or are not 100% complete.  They need to
be updated by the end of tomorrow (2009-03-05).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Archer
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ArchitectureSupport
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CrashCatcher
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Empathy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Firefox_3.1
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/gcc4.4
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GFS2Stable
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IBus
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/liblvm
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MinimalPlatform
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauAsDefault
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NouveauModesetting
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SSSD
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SVirt_Mandatory_Access_Control
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EFI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtVNCAuth

If you believe your feature is substantially complete and testable state
for Fedora 11, please perform the following:
1) Update the % complete and "last updated" date
2) In the status section please also include what remains to be
completed including your realistic assessment as to whether it is
possible to complete by Final Feature Freeze on 2009-04-14.

I will be sending a list features with no update to FESCo tomorrow
evening to be reviewed at their 2009-03-06 meeting.  At that meeting I
will recommend that feature pages which are not current be dropped from
the Fedora 11 feature list--
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList

If you believe your feature is not ready for Fedora 11, that is okay :)
Fedora 12 is only a few short months away.  If you would like to target
your feature for Fedora 12, please change the page category to
"Cateogory:FeatureReadyForWranger".

If your feature will not be ready for Fedora 11 and you aren't sure what
is going to happen to it:
1) Please change the category of your page to Category:FeaturePageIncomplete
2) Remove Fedora 11 as the targeted release.

I have a watch on all the feature pages.

Thank you for your help,
John

p.s. this is a follow-up message to:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2009-February/msg00022.html

p.s.s individual feature owners have also been bcc on this email