Upcoming Fedora Test Days ... DeviceKit and XFCE

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 21:50:58 UTC 2009

Greetings,

With Fedora 11 Beta looming [1], I'd like to invite folks to help test
several upcoming release Features.

      * DeviceKit [2] - Tuesday, March 17, 2009
      * XFCE-4.6 [3]  - Thursday, March 19, 2009

= DeviceKit =

Ever notice how the graphical disk management functionality present
during a Fedora installation is not available after you've installed
your system?

   <Enter DeviceKit on stage left>

DeviceKit adds a graphical disk management utility (provided by
gnome-disk-utility) and provides the backend for gnome-power-manager.

If you have some time to spare, and removable media or USB/fireware
attached storage ... I invite you to join #fedora-qa this Tuesday, March
17, 2009 to help make sure your unique hardware works when Fedora 11 is
released.

Developers Tomas Bzatek and Matthias Clasen, along with testers Radek
Biba and Ondrej Hudlicky, will help guide test efforts and analyze
failures.  Additional information and test cases are landing in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-03-17.

= XFCE-4.6 =

Already a seasoned XFCE user?  Or, tired of the same old desktop and
looking for something different?  Fedora 11 will feature XFCE-4.6 which
adds a number of improvements [4] including a redesigned configuration
manager and power management integration.

XFCE maintainer Kevin Fenzi and our very own Adam Williamson are looking
for your input to help craft test cases [5] and ensure a smooth
transition to the latest upstream release.  Come share your findings
this Thursday, March 19 in #fedora-qa.

Stay tuned to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-03-19 for
more information.

Thanks,