[fedora-java] Is tomcat-connectors-4.0.6 buildable on FC4

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 03:52:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 20:01 +0530, crisppy fernandes wrote:
> > I don't think gcj ever supported JDK1_1InitArgs.
> >
> But on FC2 we have compiled the same source and it worked.

You probably had some other JDK installed.

> > Can you modify your code to not use it?
>
> I can modify my tomcat-connector source but how i can modify jni.h
> file on system.
> which is system defined.

Starting with 1.2 the initialization structure for JNI is defined
differently.  1.2 is quite old, I recommend changing your source to use
this approach.

Still, if you want to update libgcj to understand JDK1_1InitArgs,
you can.  You'll need to modify the jni.h that is in the libgcj source
tree, and also libjava/jni.cc to understand the new argument structure.

Tom