[fedora-java] Should java-1.4.2-gcj-compat require xerces-j2?

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Thu Aug 4 11:48:02 UTC 2005

Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why did it fail?  Both ant and eclipse use libgcj's XML code and work
> fine with it, so I'm guessing it's pretty decent.

I just recall many, if not all, packages requiring jaxp_parser_impl failing to
build until I installed xerces-j2. If I try again, I will report on the
list so
that maybe an upstream bug could be filed.

I know that if I try to use libgcj to provide jaxp_transform_impl, then
the ant
style task always fails (with a NPE). Now, jaxp_transform_impl isn't part of
the current java-gcj-compat rpm, but I figured I would try it also since the
classes are there.

Another question about java-gcj-compat: should it provide jndi-ldap? tomcat5
seems to require this and I don't see what other package could provide
it. It's
listed in the tomcat5 spec but I don't see the jar listed in any of the
property
files used by ant. Again, I can't get tomcat5 to build, and it's the final
package I need before trying to build eclipse with a free stack.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<david at zarb.org>