[fedora-java] su to tomcat user?

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Tue Aug 9 14:19:33 UTC 2005

On 8 Aug 2005, at 19:04, John M. Gabriele wrote:

> As usual, I'm writing out my notes and leaving
> them lying around in case they might be useful for
> someone else:
> http://www.simisen.com/jmg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.SimpleServlet

John,

Thanks for this. Looks like you're using a straight out of the box
installation of Tomcat and deploying the application file set
manually, yes?

Have you tried deploying applications from WAR? Tried web app
directories outside the Tomcat directory? Any special configuration
advice?

I'm planning to upgrade to FC4 soon, just lurking for tips on Tomcat
use. Anything you can share would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Phil
--
MKSearch (alpha)

<URL:http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/>

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.