[fedora-java] Re: Java OpenGL on FC4

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 20:51:24 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> writes:

Anthony> Hmm.. no, I really did mean compile your .java file with
Anthony> -findirect-dispatch and it works.  Omit the
Anthony> -findirect-dispatch and the program fails.

-findirect-dispatch doesn't always work when you compile a .java file.
We ran out of time implementing this :-(.  We should have made this
case an error, but nobody thought of it before 4.0 shipped.

The currently supported approach is to compile to .class first.
At some point we will support compiling .java using -findirect-dispatch.

Tom