[fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Dec 21 16:44:10 UTC 2005

>From: fedora-devel-java-list-bounces at redhat.com

Oh...

lsof -i | grep tomcat revealed port 8005 but there is nothing there

I looked at /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out (logfile) and it says
that it started at port 8080.  OK...  that is good news.  I ran
the web-browser and apparently it runs forever - showing nothing
and spinning it's wheels...

>From the log, it appears that tomcat is trying to read these
files but is unable to (I am starting/stopping/restarting tomcat
as a root user if that means anything...)

/usr/share/tomcat5/conf: jk2.properties and tomcat-users.xml

Ok, I chgrp these two files to 'tomcat'

However, log says it is now trying to read: tomcat-users.xml.new
so I created a link: tomcat-users.xml.new->tomcat-users.xml and
now it says it is trying to read: tmcat-users.xml.old  !?!?!?!?

Hmmm...  maybe the crux of this is that I need to get a valid user
created in the tomcat-users.xml file?

What should I do in this case???

Dan