[fedora-java] newbie question - Tomcat 4 instead of Tomcat 5 on FC4 - continued

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Thu Dec 22 03:34:38 UTC 2005

No luck so far.  I have done the following:
1.  modified jpackage.repo commenting out all the sections except
'[jpackage-fc]'.
2.  run 'yum remove tomcat5*'
     Reported success
3.  run 'yum install tomcat4*'
     Reports:  "No Match for argument: tomcat4"

So this would suggest to me that tomcat4 is no longer available via yum.
  Is my next best choice to simply get the tar.gz file and manually set
up the init.d stuff and edit the files to set $Catalina_Home?  Remember,
this is my FIRST exposure to Java and the naming conventions boggle the
mind - i.e. java, containers, struts, jakarta, ...

Thanks again,

Bob