[fedora-java] gcj4 status in FC4

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 19:56:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 20:38 +0100, Ziga Mahkovec wrote:
>I searched through the GCC mailing lists to find an answer, but I guess
>I'll get it here quicker:
>
>How much of the recent work on gcj can we expect in gcc4 (and
>consequently in FC4)?  Specifically, will the recent imageio and
>AWT/cairo improvements from the java-gui-20050128-branch be available?

Yes, all changes on java-gui-20050128-branch have been merged into HEAD.
No new work will be done on the gui branch; instead all future GUI work
will be done directly on HEAD.  If you're on FC3 you can install the
Rawhide gcc4 rpms, which track gcc CVS HEAD closely, using yum.  Just
add the development repository to your yum.conf:

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

Tom