[fedora-java] New Eclipse RPMs

Ziga Mahkovec ziga.mahkovec at klika.si
Sun Feb 27 00:53:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 11:48 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> I'm having some platform and other issues building these in the build
> system, so in the meantime if anyone wants to try what will become the new
> 3.1-series RPMs:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/overholt/eclipse/rpms/

I gave these a spin and they work great.  The only problem I had so far
was with opening XML files.  I attached a sample file (a web application
descriptor) which, when opened in Eclipse, produces the attached
exception.  Any XML file with a DOCTYPE seems to trigger this.

Interestingly, it works fine if I remove the gnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path
argument, so this might be an ahead-of-time compilation issue.  I wasn't
able to isolate a simple test case though.

--
Ziga