[fedora-java] Problem compiling tomcat5-5.0.30-8jpp_1fc

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Wed Jul 27 16:15:30 UTC 2005

Phil Shaw <phil at mkdoc.com> wrote:

> Early on, you have this about the Sun tools.jar, which may be
> significant:
>
>> /home/david/rpm/BUILD/tomcat5-5.0.30/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30- >
> src/jakarta-tomcat-5/
>> build/webapps/jsp-examples/WEB-INF/src dropping >
> /usr/lib/jvm/lib/tools.jar from
>> path as it doesn't exist

It doesn't solve the problem, but yes, it looks like a bug in build.xml. The
path should be ${java.home}/lib/tools.jar, not ${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar.
This looks like one for the tomcat rpm maintainer.

The log4j warning can also be quelled also, but this does not appear to be the
problem, either.

> For reference, I have a stand-alone Jasper2 build target that just
> compiles JSP pages to validate them. The dependencies in the task
> definition are these for a Sun runtime:

This is during the tomcat5 build, so all the jars are explicitly specified
through property files, so the classes it is picking up shouldn't be an issue.

I'd be happy to know if anyone has successfully gotten past this point when
building the rpm, and whether any recent gcj patches may solve this issue.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<david at zarb.org>