[fedora-java] rssowl: libgcj bugs that need fixing for it to run

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 14:47:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 12:16 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This seems like a reasonable approach when libgcj is linked into the
> resulting executable.  But how can it work if we dlopen() libgcj and
> then attach a previously-existing thread?

It can't; this only solves the problem reported.  We could force tricky
programmers to do thread registrations themselves.  The PyLucene people
probably solved this in some way.

> I was wondering if there was some /proc-reading approach (or something
> like that) that we could use to find information about threads.

Well, I'm guessing that the "[stack]" line /proc/<pid>/task/<pid>/maps
describes the extent of each stack.  Is this an interface we can depend
on over all Linux implementations? (isn't /proc optional during kernel
configuration?)

AG