[fedora-java] rssowl: libgcj bugs that need fixing for it torun

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 22:51:59 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Hans" == Boehm, Hans <hans.boehm at hp.com> writes:

Hans> 4) Gc7 (even the released, but very experimental alpha3 version)
Hans> has a thread registration interface.  That's probably a better
Hans> solution for some of the problems here.

Yes, this is exactly what we need.  Any thread that calls any
gcj-compiled code will register itself one way or another.  We already
have the libgcj entry points for this (see _Jv_AttachCurrentThread),
they just need to tell the GC about the new thread's existence.

There is also a "detach thread" API in JNI, see
_Jv_DetachCurrentThread.

Tom