[fedora-java] Azureus status

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 14:57:27 UTC 2005

I've spent a little time debugging Azureus[1] + gcj 4.0.x.  I'm hoping
we can get this combination working well in the FC5 time frame[2].

I have a couple of simple patches to Azureus[3] of the "don't use
com.sun.*" variety.  I've also checked in a couple of fixes to libgcj
(in the FSF 4.0 branch).

Azureus starts up and appears to be doing something. But it's currently
stuck on what Michael Koch believes are bugs in our java.nio
implementation (channels are getting closed prematurely).

I have to put this aside for a while due to time constraints.  If
anybody else is willing to try to make a little more progress, I'd be
happy to share my Azureus patches and advice.  It would be especially
good if somebody could take up the cause of promoting Azureus on Free
runtimes with the Azureus developer community.  Just send me a note.

Thanks!

AG

[1] http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

[2] http://www.spindazzle.org/green/index.php?p=52