[fedora-java] FC5 stuff

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 17:08:15 UTC 2005

>> Also on my wish list, but not reflected in the wiki, is 1.5 language
>> support.  I would rank this below gcjwebplugin though.

Andrew> However, I guess gcjwebplugin is a smaller task so it could
Andrew> probably be accomplished as we work towards 1.5 features.

Not necessarily, the security stuff is pretty complicated.

Andrew> Personally, I would rank 1.5 language support over
Andrew> gcjwebplugin.

Why is that?

My reason for prioritizing the plugin is that it enables useful
end-user functionality (and also would make JNLP work, though that is
not as cool).  Also I haven't seen a huge amount of 1.5 code in the
wild, so delaying this a little seemed like it wouldn't hurt much.

Tom