[fedora-java] JOnAS in FC5

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Fri Jun 24 17:42:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 15:06 +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> Those of you who are interested in JOnAS might like to know that
> the version I just built, jonas-4.3.3-1jpp_3fc, actually a) runs
> and b) serves pages!  It's very crunchy at the moment, but any
> testing will be sorely appreciated.

Cool. Some things that I had to do after yum install jonas:
- yum install geronimo-specs
- yum install howl-logger
- Make a symlinks for howl-logger and postgresql-jdbc3
  from /usr/share/java to /usr/share/jonas/lib/commons/jonas/
- Remove the dbm service as you said (maybe the postresql drivers
  weren't needed after all)

Then it seems to startup, although it complains about not being able to
find a3cmlconfig and a3servers.xml. And I get some
PermissionManagerExceptions since the PolicyConfigurationFactoryWrapper
cannot be found.

Unfortunately after poking a bit at port 9000 with the webbrowser it
seems to die without giving me any real feedback except 'JOnAS server
jonas unreachable'. After that I need to kill some processes to try and
start it again.

Cheers,

Mark