[fedora-java] New Eclipse stuff in rawhide

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 05:40:21 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 11:08 -0600, Phil Muldoon wrote:
<snip>
> Some do, the CDT won't. Here is an example of a target in the GEF
> customTargets.xml:
>
> <target name="getBaseEclipse" unless="baseExists">
> <taskdef name="stripVersions" classname="org.eclipse.releng.VersionNumberStripper" />
> <property file="${buildDirectory}/maps/org.eclipse.gef.releng/maps/build.cfg"/>
> <get src="${eclipseURL}/eclipse-SDK-${eclipseBuildID}-win32.zip" dest="${buildDirectory}/../eclipse-SDK.zip"/>
> 	<exec dir="${buildDirectory}/.." executable="unzip">
> 		<arg line="-o -qq eclipse-SDK.zip"/>
>    	</exec>

Oh sorry, my mistake, I haven't encountered this yet. This is good to
know though.

> I'd like to try and see if there are other solutions from the list out
> there, before we move on to the Eclipse fellas. Who knows, someone might
> already have the perfect nirvana of build systems for releng plugins
> just waiting out there ;)

Ok, but I'm not sure who else would have the same build requirements
(besides other GNU/Linux distributors). Of course, anyone who has ideas
is welcome to speak up :)

Here is a list of the build methods that I've come up with, as well as
my proposed solution (which I just updated about five minutes ago):

http://people.redhat.com/bkonrath/eclipse/buildable-source-zips.html

There is also a thread that I started on eclipse.org about this but
you'll need to register if you want to read it:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-releng-dev/msg02967.html

Cheers, Ben