[fedora-java] Automated Eclipse tests

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 18:20:37 UTC 2005

Bryce> Is resources.jar still used entirely uncompiled? We
Bryce> should perhaps concentrate on that bug first.

I think this bug is still undiagnosed.

Bryce> Startup time is also an issue - we should be able to beat the JVM
Bryce> easily here but currently we arn't. It would be worth profiling the
Bryce> startup sequence to see if any obvious bottlenecks can be identified.

Given Andrew's results from profiling jonas, I would venture to guess
that stack trace performance is a problem.  Last time we looked at
Eclipse startup performance, the single biggest improvement was in
this area.

(People sometimes ask why Eclipse startup time matters.  The
performance of some other Eclipse operations, like opening a
perspective, is related to the startup time -- a lot of the same sort
of work happens.  Improve startup time and you improve some other
visible things in Eclipse.)

Tom