[fedora-java] default .db for gij

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 18:06:50 UTC 2005

On the central db idea (as opposed to having each application having
their own db), what happens on a partial disk failure, and e2fsck can't
recover inodes that belong to the db? Reinstall all gcj built rpms? How
would the user know what to do in that scenario? Do we keep a gzipped
backup tucked away somewhere?

Also, where would you put it? I imagine it would have to go somewhere
on root say /usr/lib? If you put it, I dunno, in /var or somewhere like
that, a mount failure would render all gcj apps back to fall back to
interpretated.

Just two questions that quickly occurred to me. The db almost sounds
like it is going to become something akin to a registry like Windows
has; I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but a single bad inode can
spoil the party. ;)

Regards

Phil