[fedora-java] failing jar compilation

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 18:50:08 UTC 2005

* Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> [2005-03-15 13:43]:

> Why bother compiling to bytecode in the stage 1?  We can avoid this bug
> by simply compiling straight to native code from the java source.

Actually, on second thought, I don't know if this will work.  We need the
system's java-gcj-compat to use the ecj we've just built (with gcj) and the
only way I can think of doing this is by setting GCJ_PROPERTIES.

I guess I could compile the stuff to a binary called "javac" and set
PATH=.:$PATH, but I'm not sure some of the stuff provided by
java-gcj-compat won't fail.

Andrew