[fedora-java] db merging script

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 03:27:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 11:48 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I CC'd Jakub for advice.  Jakub, what should we do to make the
> built-in .db file work with multilibs?  I will implement whatever it
> is we need.

After looking at this for a bit, I recommend the following:

"gcj-dbtool -p" operates as usual (for no special reason)
"gcj-dbtool -p LIBDIR" results in LIBDIR/gcj-VERSION/classmap.db

This is convenient because it is easy to implement and easy to use.

The %post and %postun spec file sections can simply do:

DB=`gcj-dbtool -p %{_libdir}`

and use DB for the database name.  Presumably rpm will make sure that
_libdir refers to the correct lib directory for the target ABI.

AG