[fedora-java] New Eclipse stuff in rawhide

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 18:24:17 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 17:21 +0000, Ismael Juma wrote:
> Phil Muldoon wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Also, as of last night, eclipse-cdt (C/C++ Development Environment for
> > Eclipse) has been built and added.
> > [snip]
>
> Nice. :)
>
> According to the CDT Plan, CDT 3.0 Milestone 5 will be out on the 14th
> of March. As you are probably aware, this is the first Milestone for the
> 3.0 series but they named it M5 because it runs on Eclipse 3.1 M5. Are
> there plans to have this version on rawhide once it's out, or is the
> plan to have CDT 2.0.2 in FC4?

We put in 2.0.2 because that was the best option for the Fedora Core 4 -
Test 1 deadline (we already had it packaged for RHEL, we just had to
apply the native build smarts for FC4). We did try to get CDT 2.1 in for
Test 1, but build bugs prevented us. However those are (mostly) solved
now, and we have every intention of upgrading the CDT, if not to CDT
3.0, at least to 2.1 soon.

Though as you mention that the CDT 3.0 M5 build is partnered to the
Eclipse 3.1 M5 build, there is no barrier to us putting it in FC4 as
long as it is fairly sensible/stable. I'll go look at the CDT 3.0 on
Monday, and see how it does when we natively build it. I'll also go look
at how the CDT 3.0 and Eclipse 3.1 schedules compare at the CDT site.

Regards

Phil