[fedora-java] tomcat5

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 9 10:10:07 UTC 2005

On Mer 9 mars 2005 9:57, Anthony Green a écrit :

>> Nicolas> You have to remember though things move in-jvm every release
>> Nicolas> and it's mightily nice to be able to hide these changes from
>> Nicolas> the packages so you don't have to rewrite specs all the time
>>
>> Yeah... actually I'm fine with leaving things as they are.  I just
>> wasn't sure where these symlinks should point for libgcj.  But it
>> sounds like just pointing them at libgcj.jar should work.
>
> Are you sure this won't cause problems for proprietary VMs when they
> want to load jndi.jar?  They'll be looking at a jar file with all of the
> core classes.

That's why you put the symlinks in a very particular location (_NOT_
/usr/share/java) that is only inspected buy the common classpath scripts
if the corresponding JVM is used.

This is one of the main differences between Debian packaging and JPackage
packaging - jars are not lumped in a single directory, they are isolated
in separate parts of the filesystem to make sure they are never exposed to
the wrong jvm.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot