[fedora-java] db merging script

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 19:13:37 UTC 2005

>> I was thinking we would do this in %install, by compiling every jar
>> (or war or ...) we found in the install tree.  But maybe it is ugly
>> not to do in %build -- in which case, yeah, we need to do more
>> manually.

Anthony> I don't think we'll get much support for compiling these at install
Anthony> time:

There's some terminology confusion here.  As I understand RPM, which
is not much, '%install' is a step that is run while building the RPM
itself.  %build does the "building", and %install puts the results
into an install tree.  Then RPM uses %files to figure out how to break
down the install tree into different binary RPMs.  There are other
sections you can specify if you want some script to be run when the
RPM itself is installed.

Tom