[fedora-java] dependency issues with java-1.4.2-gcj-compat

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 12:42:55 UTC 2005

David Farning wrote:
> When running yum install eclips*  I got all sorts
> of /usr/bin/rebuild-gcj-db: No such file or directory errors until I
> manually installed java-1.4.2*

It sounds like rpm is _still_ not ordering dependencies correctly.
There should be a bug open against rpm for this, but if not please
file one.

> When attempting to yum remove eclipse* I get the following
 [snip]

This is a separate issue, namely that rpm does not implement erase
time dependency ordering.  Again, there should be a bug open against
rpm for this.

Cheers,
Gary