[fedora-java] Improving Fedora javadoc

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 09:40:14 UTC 2005

David Walluck wrote:
> Gary Benson wrote:
> > xalan-j2 was unbuildable in Fedora for a very long time but it
> > should be fixed now.
>
> Do you have more specifics on what the bugs were and where they were
> fixed? I am using a custom setup here (say, a different version of
> gcc, or whatever) so I can't be guaranteed to have the fixes, nor do
> I know where or how to track these fixes when they occurred.

The visible face of the problem is that it uses libgcj's xml classes
rather than those in xml-commons-apis.  libgcj's are newer and contain
more interface definitions, so I needed to add stubs in xalan-j2.
These are in xalan-j2-bz152255.patch in Fedora xalan-j2.

The core of the problem is that there is a bunch of packages which
builds using xml-commons-apis, but when you use libgcj only a small
minority actually see xml-commons-apis whereas the rest see libgcj's
XML classes.  I have no idea why.

Cheers,
Gary