[fedora-java] Re: Fedora Core 5 Wishlist

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 09:57:26 UTC 2005

David Walluck wrote:
> On the other hand, people want more compatibility. And I want less
> (ideally no) duplication. So I would again ask for some policy that
> separates native libs from the jars. Or at least maybe someone is
> willing to put some real thought into it rather than dismissing it
> outright.

Before fedora-devel-java-list was set up we had precisely this
discussion internally, several times as it happens ;)  If I answer
you quickly it's not because I'm dismissing it but rather that I've
already thought long and hard about it beforehand.

I've been trying to dig out the discussion all morning, but I keep
getting sidetracked with email.  So, if you'll bear with me a few
moments longer...

Cheers,
Gary