[fedora-java] batik [Fwd: Re: com.sun.image.*]

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 06:27:49 UTC 2005

Anthony Green wrote:
> If anybody is interested in running batik on our free stack, here's some
> info on what needs doing...

Has anybody been working on this? We'd be interested in using Batik to
rasterize SVG content for Wikipedia, and as we have a bit of a free
software fetish it would be nice to make sure it can run under GCJ.

(Currently we're using librsvg, which is not totally satisfactory as
there are some things it doesn't render too well.)

If nobody's working on it, I might pick it up sometime in the next while
depending on how hard it looks. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com / brion @ wikimedia.org)