[fedora-java] SVN plugin

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Apr 10 17:45:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:24 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > Any tips/tricks to get this working with FC5 Native Eclipse?
>
> Does it not work with the update manager?  I've tried it and it worked
> fine.  I believe Tom Fitzsimmons and Ben Konrath use it daily.

First thing I've tried, but I picked
  Help -> Software Updates -> Manage Configuration

There there's only the
  Add -> Extension Location ...
under the Context Menu, which is close but not quite....
Which of course gives the impression that you're in the
right place but the functionality is not supported!

<rant>
Not a failing of Native Eclipse, but this entire thing
is _so_ confusing it's beyond words. WTF designed it?
  * Why under the Help menu?
  * Why have "Find and Install..." and "Manage Configuration"
  * Why can't I manage my configuration (like add stuff)
    from Manage Configuration?
  * Why have yet another branch in Find and Install...?

It can easily win a "most confusing interface" contest.
</rant>

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.