[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 02:45:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 08:51 -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 02:15 -0400, Ben Konrath wrote:
> > The source archive could also be a tar.gz or zip exported by
> > eclipse at the same time the features/plugins are exported as a
> > deployable plugin or feature. I'm going to write a little doc that
> > explains how to do this so that we can get upstream people to do this in
> > the future. One of the subclipse developers saw my previous post and
> > said he would be interested in helping out.

OK, here's the doc:

http://people.redhat.com/bkonrath/eclipse/exporting-buildable-source-archives.html

I just posted a message to the subclipse list asking them to provide a
proper source archive and I talked to a phpeclipse developer on irc
today who said that he would provide a source archive too.

> > I updated the subclipse and svn-client-adapter rpms that you posted and
> > and changed a few things:
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/bkonrath/eclipse/
> >
> > I may have been a little aggressive with the changes, so feel free to
> > slap me if you don't like anything or if anything is incorrect :)
>
> no slap for you... the changes are for a better spec file

Phew :) One thing I forgot was to put a 'Provides   eclipse-svn'. Do you
think this is a good idea?

> ummm interesting, when subversion-javahl is not installed
> SVNClientAdapter reverts to use the JavaSVN version. I think that a
> little patch to disable and remove the svnjavahl.jar jar file insode the
> plugin can do the trick too

Yeah that would work and it's probably a little better if we're trying
to get this into Extras. BTW, can you put me in the CC field of the
package review request once it gets going? Thanks.

> > Robert, once we put the generic releng scripts in the SDK rpm, would you
> > be interested in being the subclipse rpm maintainer?
>
> Sure... I will try this changes, complete the TODOs and then submit it
> to extras

Ok, I'll put this package-build stuff into the main SDK and update the
Eclipse in FC5.

Ben