[fedora-java] How to debugging tomcat5 mailer problems

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 19:26:46 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Tom" == Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat.com> writes:

Peter> localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]: MAIL FROM:<precisionpete at gmail.com> SP
Peter> org.jpackage.mail.inet.smtp.ParameterList at 1d1ae9b9

Tom> This comes from the GNU Classpath inet implementation bundled with
Tom> classpathx-mail: see the classpathx-mail SRPM.  We needed to roll it
Tom> into the main jar to be drop-compatible with Sun's javamail
Tom> implementation, which has no external dependencies.

Sorry, I meant something a little different: that output looks weird
to me, as if there is a buggy toString somewhere.  So I would track
down where the problem data comes from.  I don't know what that "SP"
is about but the stuff following it just can't be what an SMTP server
wants :-)

Tom