[fedora-java] Does anyone have working JacORB packages for FC6?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 8 22:47:19 UTC 2006

Does anyone on this list have working JacORB packages for FC6 (using the Free
Java stack, i.e. GCJ etc.)? I'm interested in JacORB because a class I'm taking
at the university uses it.

I tried building a package by:
* reconstructing the no longer available jacorb-2.2-3jpp_8fc:
- I started from jacorb-2.2-3.1mdk, which is essentially jacorb-2.2-3jpp_3fc
- I removed the stuff apparently added by Mandriva (changelog entry,
conditionalization of GCJ support)
- I applied all the patches from the fedora-cvs-commits list leading up to 8fc
- I fixed the whitespace in the GCJ 4.1 patch so it actually applies, because
the mailing list software mangled the tabs in the patch to spaces
* bumping the release, ending up with this:
http://www.tigen.org/kevin.kofler/pcprogs/jacorb-2.2-3jpp.9.fc6.nosrc.rpm
(This is an 8 KB nosrc RPM, I didn't include the source tarball for space
reasons.)

Unfortunately, this _does not build_ under FC6. Judging from the error output,
it tries to use the wrong org.omg.CORBA classes (the libgcj ones), and I can't
seem to fix that. I verified that the gcj41 patch is applied, I tried setting
both classpath and bootclasspath, and also adding this:
     <compilerarg value="-endorseddirs"/>
     <compilerarg value="${dirs.base}/classes"/>
None of that works. So help from the experts would be appreciated.

        Kevin Kofler