[fedora-java] Re: Fwd: Error in running mgnt target on Linux.

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 23:41:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

* Bhupendra Bhardwaj <bhupendra229 at gmail.com> [2006-12-14 18:41]:
> Other than the jar files(compilation dependencies), the platform
> specific files for runtime (dll, so etc) will be required. Those
> runtime bundles should also be available to download, if we want to
> package everything together.

The SWT DSOs are *in* the SWT fragment (platform-specific part of the
plugin ... the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_<blah>.jar) and will be
extracted at run-time.  If you're going to package this up as an RPM for
your Fedora/RHEL users, you'll want to depend upon eclipse-rcp instead
of bundling the runtime.  Look at the RSSOwl or Azureus specfiles in
Fedora Extras CVS [1] for examples.  Those aren't strict RCP apps, but
they're close and will give you something to work from.

Andrew

[1]
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com