[fedora-java] status on FOP, Saxon

Sun Feb 19 16:13:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:22 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Karsten,
>

> I believe in this case the problem is well understood. But if anybody
> that has some application that doesn't work (completely) on the free
> stack using gcj at this time attends Fosdem next week (February 25 and
> 26) in Brussels please stop by in the "GNU Classpath & Friends" room:
> http://www.fosdem.org/2006/index/dev_room_classpath/
> http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/Fosdem2006
>
> We have a "Show your App/Hack your App" session that would be a great
> time to sit down and get things integrated/fixed. Sometimes the
> gcj/classpath hackers don't know which programs/libraries are out there
> and/or how they fit together and sometimes the packagers/users don't
> know which compiler/library/runtimes tricks can be used to get things
> working. It also help us set priorities for things to work on. Knowing
> there are eager users to try out your stuff is always encouraging! :)

It is a shame i can't be there, because I am currently working on Open
Xchange for GCJ, and that brings up some missing stuff in classpath,
especially the Naming and Ldap support. I got a mega hack in place now,
that uses parts of the latest classpath CVS, the apache directory CVS
and some own code.

If anybody in interested in it and wants to take a look, i can upload a
SRPM later today. Keep in mind that Open Xchange isn't all that easy to
setup (yer not done with installing the RPM, because LDAP and postgres
also have to be instialized with data and access rights).

- Erwin