[fedora-java] decoupling libgcj from gcc.src.rpm

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 16:21:10 UTC 2006

Jakub - I should have copied you on the original thread.

We had been discussing decoupling the libgcj SRPM from the gcc SRPM so
we can push java runtime fixes out more frequently than gcc updates.
The idea would be for you to continue to build & test libgcj as part of
the gcc package, but delete it after installation and don't package it.
Then we'll just make a new SRPM based on the gcc sources that we can
patch and push out on a more frequent basis.  What do you think of this
idea?

AG