[fedora-java] aot-compile-rpm problem

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Mon Jul 31 07:49:54 UTC 2006

Anthony Green wrote:
> On rawhide, when I do a "yum install java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-devel" on
> my x86-64 system I get both the x86-64 and x86 packages.  I suppose
> the x86 version is written last, because aot-compile-rpm's LIBDIR is
> set to /usr/lib/gcj instead of /usr/lib64/gcj.  This pretty much
> breaks rpm building.
>
> The fix is to make sure I just "yum install
> java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-devel.x86_64".
>
> Is this expected behaviour?  I don't remember this being a problem
> for my in the past.

Hmmm, a couple of months ago there was a big fuss about making sure
multilib -devel packages could be installed simultaneously.  I wonder
if they changed yum to do something special with -devel packages.
Do you have both i386 and x86_64 versions of java-1.4.2-gcj-compat
installed?  If so, maybe yum sees this and installs both -devel
packages too?

Cheers,
Gary