[fedora-java] pb building com.redhat.eclipse.cdt.autotools

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn at redhat.com
Mon Jun 19 22:01:21 UTC 2006

Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI wrote:

> Jeff Johnston wrote:
>
>> Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> the version currently in CVS -- I have a previous version that did it
>>> -- refuses to build with the following error:
>>>
>>> 48. ERROR in
>>> /home/fxk/CVS/sourceware.org/com.redhat.eclipse.cdt.autotools/src/com/redhat/eclipse/cdt/autotools/popup/actions/GetIncludePathAction.java
>>>
>>> (at line 9)
>>>    import org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeSelection;
>>>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> The import org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeSelection cannot be resolved
>>>
>>> Isn't a new class missing in the CVS?
>>>

>> The Autotools project is being targetted for FC6 so it is currently
>> being developed against 3.2.
>

> Ooops: seems that I am pretty far behind, at least from a distro
> perspective.

Not to worry.  I haven't really spelled this out in detail other than
mentioning we are targetting FC6 on the web-site.

>> As it turns out, that import was not being used so I have updated the
>> file in question.
>

> Thanks a lot. Would it be possible to have some kind of notice in case
> some 3.2-only feature is added for good? That would save your time for
> identifying the problem...

You're assuming I knew that a 3.2-only feature was being used :).  As it
turns out, that was just a test mechanism for discovering the include
path for a file dynamically from the Makefile.  If we find out the
plugin will definitely not work on 3.1.2, I'll add something to the
web-page.

-- Jeff J.