[fedora-java] eclipse, ecj, and tomcat 5.5.x

Jason Corley jason.corley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:43:28 UTC 2006

All,

I'm working on updating the JPackage eclipse package for a pending
JPackage release (1.7).  Right now there exists a circular build
problem between the tomcat5 and eclipse packages (eclipse-platform
requires tomcat5, tomcat5 requires eclipse-ecj).  Debian, Mandriva,
and Suse have split out eclipse-ecj into a bootstrap package to solve
this dilemma.  Another suggestion made was to make eclipse-platform
into its own package so that the rest of the eclipse components can be
noarch since they are all java.

Since one of the goals for JPackage is to make it easier for various
distros to use our work with little to no changes I wanted to find out
from the fedora-java community if they see any problems with at least
splitting out ecj into a separate package (for reference the Mandriva
package is named ecj-bootstrap).  I believe this was done in the past?

Right now the updated eclipse packages that I have so far are located at:
    http://www.zarb.org/~jasonc/repo/
It is not an actual repo despite what the URL may imply.  Any patches,
information, etc. greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason