[fedora-java] Re: Did the Eclipse update in updates-testing break for anyone else?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 22:04:09 UTC 2006

[ NB: I actually intended to send this to the list. Sorry to Andrew
Overholt who's going to get it twice ... ]

On 19/11/06, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
> It's because we moved the platform-specific stuff to /usr/lib (or
> /usr/lib64).  There's no way around the .eclipse breakage.
>
> I know Ben was going to put some information about it in the update text
> and we were going to send some email to make sure people were aware.  Sorry
> you had to hit it before we sent out the info.

Oh, ick. :( Does this mean that everyone is going to have to recreate
their Eclipse customisations, self-installed plugins, etc? Or is there
some less-intrusive way of fixing up the configuration than moving
.eclipse totally out of the way (e.g., editing a single file under
.eclipse or something)?

Glad to hear it's a known issue at least, though.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/