[fedora-java] libgcjwebplugin.so security README

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 19:05:35 UTC 2006

Hi Jakub,

Mark Cox asked me to write a README about the security risks of using
gcjwebplugin, for inclusion in the libgcj RPM.  Can you include this in
Rawhide gcc's doc directory?

I also realized that gappletviewer wasn't warning people that it runs
without a security manager, so I wrote a patch that issues a warning on
startup and asks the user if they want to continue.  Can it be applied
to the Rawhide gcc rpm?

Tom, if we do go with the separate libgcj rpm, these will need to be
applied there.

Tom