[fedora-java] Eclipse TPTP

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:37:46 UTC 2006

I am having difficulty getting the Eclipse 3.2 TPTP recording feature
working on Fedora. It "just works" on Windows with IE browser.

I get
IWAT0248E The agent controller is not available on host localhost.
Make sure that:
* the agent controller is installed
* the agent controller is configured to communicate with your machine
* you have the corrent host name and port number for the agent controller

I tried downloading a native Agent Controller -- but it seems FC5 has
the wong libstdc++ library. However it my understanding that the
native version should not be necessary.

Interestingly I get similar errors if I try using to use the Firefox
browser on Windows.

Is there any magic to getting this to work with Fedora + Firefox?

I'm using the Sun JDK (1.5.0_07).

Joe.