[fedora-java] How to acquire the memory status of a system with java

arun sadanandan arunpsadanandan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 13:25:19 UTC 2006

hi,
          I am doing a project in Enterprise java for developing a "parallel procesing platform".During the development stages of this I have stucked with the problem how to detect the present load status of each of the machines in the network with java coding.Or is there any better alternatives for the remote load analysis.I would like to develope it independent of the client's OS  ie why I prefer the way to be purely java oriented.
                                  Also I am facing another problem with detecting which are the machines currently alive in the network.Is there any solution either purely java or by using any other tools that can be implemented via java.
                        If any body could help me, It will be a greate favour for me.
                                                                               Arun P sadanandan
                                               A Final year gratuation student in computer science