[fedora-java] Fedora Extras submission - classpath-0.92

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 22:48:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > libgcj will not work if what you want is a runtime for IKVM or similar.
>
> > That being said, I'm not sure it makes sense to build and install GNU
> > Classpath independently from another JVM project.  I think we want JRE
>
> As far as I know, ikvm unfortunately bundles classpath. Unfortunately, I
> do not think the standalone classpath will work with it.

From my understanding, you have to build against the standalone
classpath. Unless something has changed between 0.28 and 0.30 that is
which I was unaware of. I'm more interested in ikvm for use with
monodevelop.

> As for ikvm, the story is more complicated, because although it can run
> Java programs, neither the layout or the tools it provides are the same
> as what would be included in the JDK.

ikvm really is only suited for use within the .NET framework (IMHO).

TTFN

Paul
--
"Der einzige Weg, Leute zu kontrollieren ist sie anzulügen" - L. Ron
"Ich kann kein Science-Fiction schreiben" Hubbard; Lügner, Betrüger,