[fedora-java] gij OOM

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 01:24:36 UTC 2007

This shouldn't be expected, right?

GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
Exception in thread "OutputReader" GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning
NIL!
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
*** Got java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while trying to print stack trace.
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
Error while logging event loop exception:
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
Exception in thread "Worker-1" GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning
NIL!
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
*** Catastrophic failure while handling uncaught exception.
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
Exception in thread "ErrorReader" GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning
[...]

Anything I can do to help track this down?  I was just running Eclipse
(installed via RPMs ... eclipse-{sdk,cdt-sdk,mylar-bugzilla,changelog})
and trying to build cacao as per [1].  I didn't notice when the actual
messages were printed to the console, but it was sometime during the
build.

Note that to get classpath and cacao to build I had to install
libXtst-devel and libtool-ltdl-devel on top of what I already had on my
system (YMMV).  I'm on rawhide i386.

Andrew

[1]
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathHackingWithEclipse