[fedora-java] FeatureEclipse33 Status

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Wed Aug 15 20:01:06 UTC 2007

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the status of the Fedora 8 feature of updating the Eclipse stack
> to the 3.3 (Europa) base [1].  I've CC'd all of the maintainers.  Please
> reply with answers where you can.

snip...
> EMF (Andrew Overholt)
> - would require a *tonne* of changes:  probably multiple new SRPMs, lots
> of Provides and Obsoletes
> - since nothing depends upon it, I propose we drop it from Fedora 8
> - anyone object?  care to take it over?
>
> GEF (Andrew Overholt)
> - since nothing depends upon it, I propose we drop it from Fedora 8
> - see last comment under EMF :)

Hi. I just want to notify you about one program that uses these: Omondo
EclipseUML ( http://www.omondo.com ). There is a free 'community'
release as well as a commercial one.

You might want to look into if and how the changes will affect users of
3rd party software.

I don't know whether these changes would create any problems at all, I
just want to make sure that this is considered.

Regards
Frode Petersen